Terms of service
The website aims to connect technology companies wishing to provide pro publico bono
assistance to NGOs. We share information about possible ways of cooperation with
NGO’s, projects implemented, companies providing help and organisations looking for
Whenever you encounter in these Terms the following terms spelled with a capital
letter, they should be understood in the following manner:
1. Administrator, or We – Ashoka Foundation - Innovators for the public good
with headquarters in Warsaw, Poland (04-386), at ul. Ludwika Michała Paca 40,
entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs and the Register of Associations and
the Foundation of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for the
capital city of Warsaw in Warsaw, 13th Commercial Division of the National
Court Register under KRS number: 0000184794, NIP number: 1132568382,
responsible for managing the Website.
2. NGO - non-governmental organization that needs technological support.
3. User, or You – NGO, Volunteer, or an adult natural person with full legal capacity
to enter into legal transactions, or a legal person, or an organizational unit
without a legal personality, as well as a minor aged 16 and older, and/or a
natural person not having full legal capacity to enter into legal transactions,
subject to the consent of their legal representative, who has access to services
offered within the Website.
4. Volunteer – a Tech company willing to help NGO offering its services pro publico
bono through the Website.
5. Website – Internet service operated at www.techtotherescue.org managed by
§2 TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. You acknowledge and agree that minimum technical requirements for the
Website to run properly are:
a. working and efficient telecommunications terminal equipment (computer,
tablet, smartphone, etc.) with access to the Internet, enabling the display
of the graphical user interface of the Website; and
b. installed and updated web browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or a
later version, Mozilla Firefox 20.0 or a later version, Apple Safari 4.0 or a
later version, and Google Chrome 23.0 or a later version; and
c. active email account; and
§3 TERMS OF SERVICE
1. The Administrator provides the following electronic services:
a. browsing the Website,
b. entering on the Volunteer list or the list of NGOs,
c. publishing a list of tech companies offering pro publico bono assistance for
2. The volunteer form provided on the Website allows Volunteers to be included on
the list of tech companies offering free assistance to NGOs who need suport. The
form also serves information purposes for NGOs, informing publicly about the
current list of tech companies ready to provide pro publico bono assistance. The
form is visible to everyone on the Internet, and Volunteers are aware of this
when entering the list and sharing their data. We do not interfere in the form and
terms of providing pro publico bono assistance by Volunteers on the list.
3. The NGO form provided on the Website allows NGOs to be included on the list of
entities seeking help.
4. Unless these Terms provide otherwise, the Administrator authorizes Users to use
the Website only within its purpose and functionalities, to the extent provided for
each category of User, subject to, inter alia, (i) compliance with applicable laws,
(ii) refraining from interfering with the Website, whether through the
introduction of viruses and other malicious software, whether through
unauthorized decompiling, transfer or use of source code or other trade secrets
of the Administrator, and (iii) refraining from supplying to the Website illegal
content and from use of elements of the Website, including business
identification, goods, services, and other protected objects of intellectual
property, in an unlawful manner.
5. Content, data or other information provided by Users to the Website, are their
property, and in any case the User is solely responsible for it, especially for
compliance of such information and of its use within the Website with law and
these Terms. By placing the information on the Website, you grant the
Administrator any such rights and permits as may be necessary to ensure full
functionality of the Website.
6. The Administrator reserves the right to block, delete or otherwise cut off access
to content, data and information stored on the Website at the request of the User
upon receipt of official notification or other reliable message on the unlawful
nature of such information or related activities, or in other such cases as
provided for in these Terms or the applicable law.
7. The Administrator is committed to making sure the Website meets your needs,
but does not guarantee that it is free from defects or faults. Unless precluded by
mandatory law, the Administrator disclaims all warranty and any other liability
that may have arisen or may arise from imperfections of the Website. This
provision does not apply towards Users being consumers (this provision shall
have binding force on the territory of the European Union).
8. Users accept that the Website may contain links to external sites, websites and
web applications, not owned or otherwise dependent or controlled by the
Administrator. Users acknowledge that the Website may be accessed via tools or
services of third parties. In any case, linking or use of the third-party resources
and facilities is at the User’s expense and risk. The Administrator encourages you
to read the terms and conditions of services of such third parties to determine
their rights and obligations.
§4 THE ADMINISTRATOR'S LIABILITY
1. The Administrator will not be legally responsible for any acts or omissions of the
2. We will not be liable for disruptions in the functioning of the Website caused by a
force majeure event, failure of equipment or unlawful interference by Users, or
for damage that might have occurred in the assets of the User as a result of a
malfunction of the Website.
3. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Administrator disclaims its own, as
well as that of its employees, associates and subcontractors, liability in
connection with the Website, whether contractual, tortious or otherwise, both in
terms of actual damages (losses) as well as lost or expected benefits. This
provision does not apply to Users being consumers (this provision has the
binding force of law on the territory of the European Union).
§5 OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
1. You acknowledge and agree that all rights to the Website belong to the
Administrator. It is forbidden to make use of these rights, including intellectual
property rights, otherwise than (i) within the Website and (ii) in accordance with
these Terms and applicable laws.
2. The Website, its individual elements (including graphical user interfaces), texts
(including these Terms), navigation solutions, selection and arrangement of
contents presented on the Website, graphic art, compilations and derivative
works are subject to legal protection as afforded, in particular, to databases,
computer programs, graphics, or other works of authorship.
3. The collection, usage and processing of the content of the Website, including by
using web crawlers or other automated data downloading systems from the
Website without our consent constitutes a breach of these Terms.
4. We share information about possible ways of cooperation with NGO’s, projects
implemented, companies providing help and organisations looking for help in
marketing materials like: publications, blog posts and news.
5. The Volunteer / NGO grants to the Administrator the express right to use the
business name of the Volutneer / NGO its trade or service marks, in connection
with the promotion of the Website.
6. The Administrator grants to the Volunteer and NGO the express right to use the
business name of the Administrator and its trade or service marks in connection
with the promotion of the Website.
1. The provision of our services within the Website is of unlimited duration.
2. We may terminate the agreement with you for the provision of electronic
services with an immediate effect.
3. You may discontinue your use of the Website at any time, for any reason. The
statement on termination should be made in the electronic or written form to
remain valid (applies to Volunteers and NGOs).
§7 CONTACT AND COMPLAINTS
1. You may contact the Administrator as regards services provided by the
Administrator within the Website in the following manner:
a. in writing, sent to the following address: ul. Ludwika Michała Paca 40,
04-386 Warsaw, Poland,
b. via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
2. Your complaints regarding our services provided within the Website to Users
may be filed electronically via e-mail email@example.com, or by written notice to
the following address: ul. Ludwika Michała Paca 40, postal code: 04-386 Warsaw,
Poland. The complaint should contain at least the identification of the User,
including her/his email address, the status of a User within the Website, and the
description of her/his objections, and order number.
3. If data or information included in the complaint need to be supplemented, before
assessing the complaint on its merits, we will ask you to supplement it
4. The Administrator will consider the complaint within 14 days of its receipt in the
5. The answer to the complaint will be sent to the e-mail address as specified in the
relevant notification or to the address of the sender indicated in the complaint
6. The Administrator shall not consider a complaint regarding a case currently or
7. Filing a complaint does not exclude the possibility of exercising legal rights.
§8 PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
1. Privacy and personal data protection principles of the Website Users are defined
consent to the manner in which the Administrator may treat the personal data
provided through or on the Website.
2. The personal data of Users shall be processed by Administrator as the Data
Controller for the purpose of registration and for providing services available in
the Service, for marketing and claim resolution purposes, as well as for statistical
and analytical purposes of the Administrator. Subject to giving relevant consent,
the personal data shall also be processed for the purpose of sending marketing
contents via selected channels. Further information concerning personal data
3. Contact details of NGOs will be transmitted to the Volunteer only for purposes
relating to the performance of the pro publico bono help, or to third parties – in
§9 FINAL PROVISIONS
1. Any disputes related to services provided by the Administrator to Users pursuant
to these Terms will be resolved by a court having jurisdiction over the registered
office of the Administrator. This provision does not apply to Users being
consumers (this provision has the binding force of law on the territory of the
2. Without prejudice to the generality of Section 1 of this Clause, any User afforded
the consumer protection by EU law may use extrajudicial means of dealing with
complaints and redress. To take advantage of the possibility of an amicable
settlement of disputes relating to online shopping, you can submit your
complaint, for instance, via the EU's Internet platform ODR, available at:
3. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to
a final judgment, the remaining portion of these Terms will remain valid and
4. The Administrator reserves the right to amend provisions of these Terms and to
launch a new version of the Website at any time and without having to justify the
reason. We will immediately notify of amendments to these Terms or of a new
version of the Website. You may opt out of the Website in its new version or
under new Terms immediately upon receipt of the relevant notification – through
continued use of the Website you agree to the changes.
5. These Terms come into force as of the date of their announcement on the