Terms and Conditions ("Terms")
Our Terms and Conditions were last updated on 31.01.2022.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before signing up to Our Campaign. The Campaign is a temporary Tech To The Rescue (“TTTR”) activity that aims to encourage organizations and companies to jointly implement technological projects to improve the welfare of wild and farmed animals.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- “Data Controller” means Tech To The Rescue Foundation registered in Poland, Warsaw (00-895), Biala 4, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs and the Register of Associations and the Foundation of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for the capital city of Warsaw in Warsaw, 13th Commercial Division of the National Court Register under KRS number: 0000937683, NIP number: 5272981322.
- “Party” means either You, Tech To The Rescue Foundation, or Organizations and Companies working with Tech To The Rescue Foundation
- “Organizer” (referred to as either "the Organizer", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this document) refers to Tech To The Rescue.
- “Country” refers to Poland.
- “Form” means a two-step form in which Companies and Organizations describe their Project or ability to engage in the Campaign. First step of the form is available at the Website, while the second step is sent in a follow-up email on the condition of successful verification of the first step.
- “Application” means providing a filled-in application to participate in the Campaign. To complete an Application, Applicants must fill out the form provided by the Organizer on the Website and in the follow-up email.
- “Applicant/s” means Organizations and Companies which filled-in an Application.
- “Selection” means qualitative selection made by the Tech To The Rescue Foundation Team.
- “Evaluating Criteria” means detailed criteria for evaluating applicants and projects.
- “Matching” means a process of presenting Applicants to each other and discussing the terms of potential collaboration.
- “Campaign Schedule” means a time schedule provided by the Organizer for the implementation of the Campaign.
- “Company/ies” means an tech-entrepreneurship who filled in the Application and is interested in taking part in the Campaign or is taking part in it.
- “Organization/s” means a non-profit organization who filled in the Application and is interested in taking part in the Campaign or is taking part in it.
- “Project” means a set of tasks planned to implement a technical solution to improve the welfare of animals. In this Campaign, Projects are submitted as Applications by Organizations.
- “Device” means any device that can access the Campaign Website such as a computer, a smartphone or a digital tablet.
- “Sprint for Impact” means an accompanying event organized by Tech To The Rescue Partner lasting from 28.03.2022 to 08.04.2022, during which projects of smaller scope will be implemented. Rules of the Sprint for Impact will be described in a separate Terms and Conditions document.
- “Campaign” refers to the temporary Tech To The Rescue Campaign.
- “Partners” means Organizations and Companies working with Tech To The Rescue Foundation.
- “Collaborator” means a Company or Organization that will be matched with You in a Selection process to implement the Project.
- “Promotions” mean posts on social media and Websites promoting the Campaign.
- “Service” refers to the Website.
- “Terms and Conditions” (also referred as "Terms") mean these Terms and Conditions that form the entire agreement between You and the Organizer regarding the Campaign.
- “Third-party” means Organizations and Companies working with Tech To The Rescue Foundation and any services (including data, information, products or services) provided by a third-party that may be displayed.
- “Website” refers to the Organizer’s website, accessible from www.techtotherescue.org
- “You” means the Organizations and Companies submitting a voluntary Application to take part in the Campaign.
These are the Terms and Conditions governing regulations regarding the temporary Tech To The Rescue Campaign and the agreement that operates between You and the Organizer. These Terms and Conditions set out the rights and obligations of all Parties regarding the Campaign.
Your participation in the Campaign is conditioned on Your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms and Conditions by applying on the Website. These Terms and Conditions apply to all Applicants.
By applying to take part in the Campaign, You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If You disagree with any part of these Terms and Conditions, then You may not apply to the Campaign.
Submission of Applications
When You send an Application You must provide Us with information that is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate rejection of Your Application to the Campaign.
You may not use as a username the name of another person or entity or that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trademark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than You without appropriate authorization, or a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar, or obscene.
Campaign Applications are voluntary. Organizer does not guarantee You to find a Collaborator to implement the Project. Organizations, Companies and Projects submitted as part of the Campaign will undergo a qualitative Selection made by the Organizer.
After the Selection, a list of recommended Projects and Companies that will take part in the Matching process will be created. Only projects approved by the Organizer and chosen by the Companies will be implemented.
Projects that will be included in the list of recommended ones and will not be matched as part of the Campaign will be included in the list of to-be-matched Projects as part of the regular, non-campaign activities of Tech To The Rescue. Applying for participation in the Campaign requires completing the Form on the Campaign Website.
- In the Organization Screening stage, we seek the following qualities:
- Formal - officially registered non-profit organization within their country of origin law,
- In case of countries in which acting as a formally registered non-profit is difficult due to political circumstances, an individual study of the organizational status will be conducted.
- Formal - officially registered tech company with a history of successful delivery of digital projects.
- In the Project Screening stage, we seek the following qualities:
- Strategic - idea that is at the heart of the organization’s mission,
- Impact scaling - idea has the potential to improve organizational scale or effectiveness in a significant way,
- Pragmatic - Project scope size is adequate to its potential to generate impact and problem definition.
- Ability to execute - organizational capacity to implement and develop the tool in the future.
- Responsibility - conscious and reliable commitment to donate time of Company's employees toward the implementation of selected Project,
- Credibility - absence of any incidents suggesting internal Company practices in contradiction to values of openness, fairness and responsibility for the planet.
- Tech To The Rescue presents a list of selected projects to Companies which pledged to engage in animal welfare Projects this year,
- Companies pick 1-3 Projects they might be interested in,
- Tech To The Rescue facilitates Matching meetings between Parties and suggests optimal solution to a non-profit team,
- Final decision on starting the Project is on both Company and Organization. Tech To The Rescue cannot promise to find a Collaborator. Yet, we care a lot about impact, so we’ll do as much as we can to help the best Projects find suitable Collaborators.
- 31.01.2022 - 27.02.2022 – initial verification. Recruitment of Companies and Organizations will be done by Applications via the Campaign Website. Companies and Organizations complete a short Application Form, and the Organization verifies their credibility using Evaluating Criteria. Organizer will be checking the registration status of the Organization and the stability of the Applicants. Application Form will be available until 27.02.2022. A Form submitted after the deadline will not participate in the Matching Week.
- 31.01.2022 - 06.03.2022 - detailed verification. All Applicants which go through an initial verification, will receive a follow-up email with a link to the second-step Form. Organizations that do not complete the Form within this time will not be taken into account when determining the list of Projects that will be included on the list.
- 07-03.2022 - 11.03.2022 - Project Selection. Tech To The Rescue analyzes the received Projects and selects Projects that will go to the final list shared with companies. Companies will choose the Projects they are interested in.
- 14.03.2022-20.03.2022 - Matching week. A week in which Matching meetings are arranged and decisions are made about the involvement of Companies in individual Projects. Tech To The Rescue facilitates Matching meetings between Applicants and suggests optimal solutions to Organizations.
- 21.03.2022 - Announcement of matched Projects. A public announcement of Projects matched in the campaign will be made.
- 28.03.2022 - 08.04.2022 Sprint for Impact (accompanying event)
- From 28.03.2022 - Project implementation according to the Project schedule accepted by both Organizations and Companies..
Any Promotions made available through the Website may be governed by rules that are separate from these Terms.
The Campaign and its original content (excluding content provided by You or other users), features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of the Organizer and its Partners.
Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of the Organizer.
Links to Other websites
Our Campaign may contain links to Third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by the Organizer.
The Organizer has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for; the content, privacy policies, or practices of any Third-party websites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that the Organizer shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or services.
We strongly advise You to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any Third-party websites or services that You visit.
The laws of the Country, excluding its conflicts of law rules, shall govern these Terms and Your participation in the Campaign. Your Application may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws.
Organizations and Companies within the Campaign have no right of complaint or appeal against the decision related to the list of recommended Projects. The decision to qualify an Applicantin the Campaign is at the sole discretion of the Organizer.
If You have any concern or dispute about the Campaign, You agree to first try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting the Organizer.
For European Union (EU) Users
If You are a European Union consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which you are a resident in.
Severability and Waiver
If any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision will be changed and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of such provision to the greatest extent possible under applicable law and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
Except as provided herein, the failure to exercise a right or to require performance of an obligation under these Terms shall not affect a Party's ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter, nor shall the waiver of a breach constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach.
Changes to These Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right, at Our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material, We will make reasonable efforts to provide at least 15 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at Our sole discretion.
By applying and continuing Your participation in the Campaign after those revisions become effective, You agree to be bound by the revised Terms. If You do not agree to the new Terms, in whole or in part, please contact the Organizer.
If You have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, You can contact us
- By visiting this page on Our Website: www.techtotherescue.org
- By sending Us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org